LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Letters from the Past

Over the next few weeks, I am going to start copying letters from my family. They are letters I received after the passing of my grandmother, Mabel Matheson Wineland and her mother, Minnie True Matheson Reeder. They are letters from family members to other family members. Each has interesting information in them, and makes life seem different then today. I'm going to put these letters together into a document and then one day publish what I have. So, these letters are under my copyright. I also have diaries from my grandmothers - three of them. I will try and include old pictures as I get them into my family history program.

I started working on my family history fresh out of High School. Since I grew up in the military, I was not able to enjoy my family as many of you did. I wanted to know who I was and where I came from. As the years went on, I married and had two wonderful children. family history became a hit and miss job. In the last 3 months I have started to organized my information. Since both Mabel and Minnie kept everything that belonged to family, I have boxes and boxes of family history waiting for attention. I decided since I'm copying the information into a word document, I would share what I am copying so others can enjoy this letters as well.

The photo at the top of the page is of my father and three of his "buddies" from Tripoli when he was stationed there in 1953. If one looks familiar to you, I'd love to know the names.

I hope you enjoy these letters as much as I do. Till the next publishing of a letter - Happy Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment