LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Post Card and letter

I found a lot of post cards my grandmother kept. This is one I found without a date on it:



The writing on the back:


Reads:

hello mable how are you I am going to school and am in the second room have you thought about Santa clause I hope grandma will take us to the Exmas trees good by annie to mable


Letter from S. E. White (Silas White) Natoma Kans

Monday Dec 28, 1925.

Dear Archie, 

I am sending you a book as a little christmas gift. I was down to Netties and Joes for over a week and did not get home untill Sat afternoon. We expect to thrush our cane and Kafe this afternoon if nothing happens. Hoping you are both well and wishing you a happy New Year. I am your loving
                                                                                                   Grandfather White

No comments:

Post a Comment