LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

11/11 Tuesday 8" a.m. - Ebon White

On letterhead:
Jas. A. Haddock
Farming and Livestock
Gypsum, Colo.

11/11 Tuesday 8" a.m.

Dear Nettie

This is a delightfull morning. we are about to start up into the mts. Mr. Haddock Cliff and us four all horseback and 3 pack horses. We are all writing home but they may not get a chance to send the letters to town untill we get back. It is 12 miles over the mts and some road I tell you. I am feeling find and so are all the rest. I like Mr. Haddock he says if I will stay with him on this hunt I will get a deer we were all shooting at a mask yesterday and no one beat your old dad. I wish Joe was here he would injoy it the wind does not blow here and it seem so odd it is so still. Bob does not like the thought of the ride up the mt on horse back. To hear the folks talk you would think there is no trouble to shoot all the deer one would want. Hope we will see some anyway. It has paid me anyway to have seen this country love to Joe.
                                                                                    Father

No comments:

Post a Comment