LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

May 20th - Lizzie Little White

Thanks for stamps.
Kiss little Willis

May 20th

My Darling Mother,

I wrote to Father yesterday but hadn't sent it yet & to day I got your letter so first thinght I would drop you a few lines to let you know I had got your letter & had'nt forgotten you intirely. Oh I'm so sorry if Bess has got that way again well it must be poor business hey poor Tired, no he wrote to me and told me that I had better come home that you was so poorly it worried me so I couldent rest nor do any thing I was so relieved when you wrote & said you was so much better. be careful about lifting want you to just lib things go  I told amy I fell easy again when I got your letter today I havent gone to see about thimbles yet I always forget about them when I'm arron them little girls are wearing the saem kind of sun bonnets that Matti & Netties blue ones.

I have been making Carrie a calir dress to day well Mrs. Kaner the medium that has been picturing here, left to day for Chicago she gave 10 lectures & what do you think I sang in the quire there was another young lady & myself that led the singing sometimes I had it my self if she sang alto I often wonder how I can get up in that big hall with such a big crowd in it & go to the organ with the rest of the singers & sing but when it comes time I feel just as easy as can be. they will all have it that I'm inspired they think I do splendid the midium told me the other day that I could be one of these kind of mediums that have rafrs (?) & table tipping

Uncle Will & Grandma & Aunt Mell & Rose & Jim Wolland were down last evening to the Lechure well good by for this time I would write to the boys this evening but as am too tired to its late so later  good care of yourself & little ones give them all love & kisses & ecapt-(?) great big share for yourself. write soon  Lizzie

My Dear Aunt:   write soon

I am taking good car of Lizzie now and will as long as she will stay. I am keeping home more and she is staying with me. Geo is gone all week comes home Saturday and goes back Monday. Lizzie & I get along nicely  I think am awful lot of her will be lonesome when she will have to go. I guess Uncle Eb has gone back on me.  so thought I would be Aunt Rosa see if she would  Your loving niece Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment