LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ottawa Illin March 1, 1895


Ottawa Illin
March 1, '95

My Dear Mother.

I had begun to think you had forgotten all about me till I got your letter to day and was awful glad to hear from you and thought I would sit right down and answer it. I guess you had'nt gotten my last letter by the way you wrote about my nubering I have been getting along splendid with my lessons so far and am in hopes she will soon set me to work dont know whether she will like my serving or not but will do my best. I dread the starting part I suppose the girls will poke all kinds of fun at me. there is about 10 girls working in the Shop.

father isn't very good at take ing hints is he? it's a wonder Louis wouldn't write to me I wrote him 2 letters & never got any reply. it don't take hug for the one that's give to be forgotten. I dint suppose he ever thinks of me Well you are so used to me being gone that it won't make any idf if I never are come back will it? Carrie has got a pretty slick brother here. I haven't been out to the Ville as yet don't know how they are getting along and Ike came in last night from the Ville. they have been saving wood out on his place. how I would like to see Lillie wouldn't  I bother her when I was talking with Grandma Mother I asked her how she liked Ralph's wife. well Lizzie she says it wasn't  just right & she said Grandpa Father was better endented where he was now. she said she had Lib with he. yes I hear Grandmas own voice. that is she  she uses Jims Martins mouth to talk with. the spirits put Jims Martin in a Imagitic sleep  she is unconsious. she dont know anything that spirit's do with her and the spirits one at a time come through her and talk to their friends that is they use her as a machine. Grandpa White comes real often he asked me the other night who connected me he always laughs about his sleeping he used to think that he needed spleep in his grave till Reselchon day. he told me that he often want to see you folks and that you were all well. but Father was growing old. & poor Aunt Abb she says she is glad Mandi is out to Kansas she says she is glad she has got Anabel with her. & Anabel comes to she always kisses & glings with Aunt Ann & I. we can always tell when Aunt Abb comes she always throws / arm over her head. Grandma M spoke about you & Uncle George to Lillie and told me to be a good girl and that she would help me all she could. m Lib hasn't come yet I told GrandF to tell her to come since night to talk to me we have meetings every Sunday night. we haven't only  enidimins (sp?) Aunt Ann is having the house hand over going to have a bath room. give every body my best wishes. I suppose you got my letter before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment