LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Post Cards from the Past

There are a lot of post cards that were saved, sent, and received by the family.

This time, it's post cards that have writing on the back.


To Mabel from Emma   (no stamp on the post card)

Mabel Matheson
Paradise Kansas


(Stamp on post card)

Hello Mabel
how are you getting along I am going to start school next monday some (?) for me. Francis M.

Mabel Matheson
Paradise
Russell
Kans.


(Stamp on post card)

In the very left corner of the post card is "H A M"

Miss Mabel Matheson
Paradise
Kans

(no stamp)

From Mr. Evert Cole

Mrs. Maggie J. Cole


(has stamp)

How's your health.

Minevua Gossett

Archie wineland
Natoma
Kans.


(no stamp)

Complements from your Daisy. (?)

Mable Matheson
Natoma
Kans


(stamp)

July 19, 1909

{Written to Mabel from her grandfather - very hard to read and looks like their is Scottish writings in there as well. Not sure. When I figure it out, I'll post it.}

Mabell Matheson
Paradise
Kans
Route 1


(no stamp)
Post marked Sept 8 7 AM 1909

"Safely may your onward glide.
Health & comfort by your side."

from a friend,
Iva Massengale

Mable Matheson
Paradise
Kansas
RFD1#


(no stamp)

hello mable
how are you
I have 15 post cards sister sent me most of them

from Annie to Mable



No comments:

Post a Comment