LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jul 12, 1873 - Rosa M. White

Note: Making up for lost time - three letters today

Thursday Morn

dear Husband

I did not receive any letter from you Tuesday night & was very much disappointed. Are you sick or did you mail one & it could not get this if you were sick. Mr Huckins would surely have written. we are as well as usual. I note a long letter & mailed Tuesd & will write more than this by next mail. did not get home from Mrs. Richey until dark last eve. Mr. Colvin came yesterday morn & enfrieced (?) them. walked out from Ottowa. Rose & Nellie are in eastacies (?) about it, no other news that I know of. Ella Galloway intends starting west - next Tuesday. Now darling If I don't get a letter tonight don't know what I shall do. do be careful & not get sick. accept ever so much love &excuse this scratch from your loving
                                                                                           Rosa M. White

Note: Rosa has beautiful handwriting - if you can read it. Her brother's handwriting is much easier to read :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment