LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

October 1 1894 Vermillniville - Liizzie Little White

October 1 94

My Dear Mother,

here it is Monday morning & Aunt Add & I are washing this morning. we have got it pretty near ready to go out now & it isn't there yet wish I could step over and help you do yours. I staid at Aunt Anns last week & she is coming out for me again this morning to stay this week with her. Georges wife isn't very well so she wants some one to help her. yes George & Carrie live with Aunt Ann that when George is at home he works at carpenter work most of the time so he is home much of the time. I guess Goerge intends to move over in Lenore as soon as Carrie is able to go. he is an awful good fellow so good natured. all the time. Uncle Ike is just like him in that respect. Well I hope you folks have concluded to let me stay this winter I aint much good any way Mother. would have Lonni come back if he could have a five years job there is going to be a Canal dug I forget the name of the place and it's a 5 year job & they are going to employ 2,000 two thousand men Uncle Will & Roe are going down to see a bout a deal & they will speak for Lonni. & we will write and let you know as soon as they find out. about it. it would be awful nice if he would come. I will see about that hair as soon as possible. if I dont come home this Faul (?) we are going to send you a box if you think it would pay. I would like to know just how big to make the twins cats. that dress Bessie gave to make coats of you know (")") & I want to make them before I send them & Aunt Add says you will send pattern for Georges pants she has got a pair of Uncle Roes that she will cut down & your calico dress & Grandpa sent the twins some stockings. & Aunt Add & Grandma will send some fruit & a quilt. Aunt Add says we can fill quite a good sized box. she has been making a little blanket & crocketing some little bootees for Bessie s Monroe. I crocketed lace for a little skirt for him.  Uncle John is very sick with Pnenmonia i guess that's the way you spell it - Grandma has just gone over to see him Aunt Adds paints were burned up. they were at Aunt Nells when the house was burned. have the twins got good thick skirts for winter  Aunt Add says to state what you want the most. I have first got my red dress made w/o I trimmed it in ruffles & white braid. it looks real pretty. I got some plaid worstid (8 cts yd) to fix over my blue dress.

yes that boil is all right but I guess there is another started in my arm I noticed it this morning when I was dressing. I dressed it. well I guess I will close for this time write soon & take good care of your self. Lizzie


No comments:

Post a Comment