LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

post mark Jan 23, 1953 - Mr & Mrs. McEldowney

Envelope post mark Jan 23 2953

Mr. & Mrs. R. R. McEldowney
P. O. Box 246
Fort Collins, Colorado


Mr. George L. White
Lurary Kansas

% Luray Grain Co.

Letter written on letter head

Bob and Martha
P. O. Box 246
Fort Collins, Colorado

Jan 22, 1953

Dear Brother-

Will write u on some of our surprise gift stationery - one of our Tenants is a printer - he and his wife have had an apt with us for over 4 yrs - We decided to give them $15.00 for Christmas as they've been such good tenants, but were surprised to get gift from them.
Have that of U so much but we've moved again since Xmas & find much to keep us busy - U didn't have to wait on me - even tho I owed U a letter - Have had above seasonal weather had a little snow storm last week. but a chinook wind took all of it Sunday. This is a grand day - Bob is up in foot hills helping a friend do some hiring - Did U watch Inangceration (?) on T.V.? Oh do U have T.V. there & "Ikes" prayer was an unusual procedure but very nice I thought - Heres wishing him the best of every thing in all he does - - after having rented our little house down by River for nearly 2 1/2 yrs to a couple, they moved recently - find there plenty of scrubbing & redecorating to do - If we had that to do often I'd be ready to try and make a living same other way - Our friends who rented Meadow Lerk Lodge for nearly 4 months while building, left it shining, when they moved out Jan 1" Most of our Tenants keep things up - but when a tenant has lovely hands & Long finger Nails are not looking for there to leave things "spic & span" - I've  hard y nails down, getting things clean! Seems nearly like a dream to think Wm & rest here here for few hours - didn't get to visit with Wm - for a month before Christmas I was so busy sending cards - wrote letters with most of them - He tried to get apt in order for Holidays but B was working away fence have part of him - had 5 friends here Christmas day - Ruth Anderson was up from Denver as has another friend - Ruth staid till Saturday - neglected waiting Joe for 3 weeks - he began to think there was some thing wrong - are sure sorry about Stellas ailment - hope she gets letter soon - Yes I do understand how U might feel about things - & its really strange to me that I can feel the way I do - would never have that I would - perhaps its a bond between twins that makes me feel or - would want it that way - think U feel the way I did when Mother left - where others joked about Father finding some one else it always hurt. for no one could ever have taken M's place with me, nor could I have had anyone come in to my home, tho I recognized F's right to have married again - Seemed odd about Christmas time I heard some one on Breakfast Club Program who was from Lastant ILL - In Father's letters to Mother just before they were married, he wanted her to go to Lastant & he'd meet her there the day they were to be married - I'd never heard them speak of the place - Will enclose letter F. wrote M. at that time - Notice in Grand Mother M's letter what the 15 pens sold for - $4.20 - only 28c a piece!
Guess this pen is about shot - saw Dale last Sat - says h's got to go to work - he's spent $10,000.00 on his leg - Mayo's told him that he got a raw deal from these other Drs - but like all Drs - they wouldn't help him convict any one for Mal practice - Write - Love Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment