LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

September 1959 - Delpha


Mrs. Everett Dawe
Paradise, Kansas

Wednesday P.M.

September 16, ‘59

Dear Friends:

How is Mable & Archie? By now! Hope you are both well & all your family.

This leaves us pretty well. I’m wondering if Ill ever get over your Daddy’s death, then our dear old darling Mother death so soon afterward.

I suppose you read it. I think I heard you say at Mothers that dy you took the Natoma Paper. Arent I right?
Ive been intending to scribble you a letter as that is all I do. Every sense I came home. Viola gave me your address. As we were coming home on the train but dear Iv had allergy everysense I gotten home or in a weeks times.

Doctor thought I got it out in Washington, as everything was green out there you know. Thought I came in contact with poision ivy or oak. I know weve spent over a hundred dollars & still it comes back so think my trip was a ver expenses one. don’t you?

Are you still working at the same jobs. Everett still building janitor & plumbing & Jack of all trades I think. They have him doing everything even killing lots in the Osborne Court house, ha. 59 of them in the attic (“c” with two dots under)

How is Harold heard he wasn’t so well? Roxie said when Jim phoned him of Mothers death he said his back was bothering him again. That he was out of a job.

It cost us a plenty to, to bring Mother back and one stood his share. There was just $200 left from Mother’s & your Dads saving out of $1100 Mother said! They had sad up for there burial. Mother thought they had some in the bank. But Harold said no money there.

Mabel, were the pictures any good of Mother, and us kids Ive thought of you how nice you were to take a picture of us. But know mine would spook them all.

Mother went very quick Roxie said she had ate a good breakfast, said! she had to go to the bathroom Roxie watched her. Because her eye sight was pretty gone Thought she was going to make it, as she had been but Roxie picked up a anyone the floor took it to the kitchen door to shake it, heard Mother fall run to her and asked Mom! What happened. She said Oh I feel Roxie picked her up. She said Oh I can get up. Not to lift on her as doctor didn’t want Roxie, or me either to lift heavy sense  had our hysteroctomys but helped her in a big arm chair. She bumped her head, she forgotten Roxie getting her some Mentholatum she thought they were out. And said get me some butter. Roxie said Mom. I got something better than that went & got it Mother helped her put it on her head. Then Roxie took it back to the medience cabinet in the bathroom. When she came back Mother was slumped in her chair. She was gone. Was so glad Roxie was able to bring her back to lay beside Daddy. I think that is where she shood of been don’t you? As Mother was the Mother of our Daddy’s children, not yours. Well dear you may think your getting the Natoma paper. Ha. Mabel were you borned in 1909 as that is what Harold said. But pity sake you must of started to school when you were four, if you are only 50 of course I flunked one year had tonsillitis to much that year. Then always sick. If I had them and adenoids out I could o learnt easier I realize now. But to late now. Where is Shirley now? And what was her other baby. I’ve thought her little boy a darling. I’ve often wondered. Lowell is in Saipan, Japan.  Went over again third time in July the 28th. Majorie his wife is planning on going over soon. Has all her shots for overseas.

Frank Matheson Albert Schloh Lawrence Nelson. Bill Hogan Lloyd Crawford. Were three of Mothers pall bearers. One of our cousins were another on Daddies side of the house. Write dear. Sooner than I didI’d love to hear from you. Love Delphe & Everett

(On side of letter: Aunt Mary Wineland was fine day of the funeral haven’t seen her sense.)

NOTE: I believe Delphe is a step sister to Mabel.I will need to double check that in my genealogy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment