LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

October 10, 1950 Mrs. Geo White


Luray Kans

October 1950

Mrs. Geo. L. White
Luray, Kans

Miss Shirley Wineland
Seattle WA

October 9, 1950

My Dear Niece.

I am going to answer your letter after all this time. Now realy I was awful glad to receive such a lovely letter and telling me all abut yortrip with the Rainbow Girls. Helen is Mother Adviser of the Rainbow Girls in Orange, Calif. And she loves the work so very much. I am so glad you belong tosuch a nice organization. I love the work of the Eastern Star and have gone through all the chairs. I went to Topeka to Grand Chapter the year I was Worty Matron. With all expenses paid. Their wer Worthy Grand Officers from every state and British Columbia. Lucille did not get to belong to the Rainbow only a few months. They had just organized one in Natoma. Then school was out in the spring she graduated from H.S. and went to business college and that was the end of her going. She belongs to Eastern Star now. Wilma is teaching 1st & 2nd grade here and stays with us. She is a sweet quiet girl.

We just got back last Tues. from a trip to Calif. Utah and Colorado, took Lucille along and dropped her off in Denver. Wilma stayed with our neighbor while we were gone.

I am cleaning house now began papering my hall up stairs today. Had to take up a lot of house plants that are out side because it is going to frost one of these nights.

I suppose your mother is busy at her work and you are busy with school activites. Your Daddy wrote Geo. He was not wrking but I bet he is busy keeping house.

I have a little suit here of Lucille’s have been wondering if you could wear it the skirt is to short for her and no way to let it down if you could wear it I will send it out to you.

The skirt is 27 inches long and the band one and a half inches.

Well I must begetting some thing for supper. Geo. Went to Natoma, and I will have to go up town and get a loaf of bread before the store closes. He might be late.

Then our Research Club meets this eve. Always some thing to keep you on the move. Give your Mother & Daddy my best regards and now I must say bye,

Lots of Love to All
Aunt Violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment