LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Monday, October 15, 2012

1980 - Becker (family friend)


Mrs. Irene Becker
7515 – 15th Ave SW
Seattle WA 98106

Air Mail

Dearest Mable,

I’ll bet you by now wonder if I remember where you are – I am so sorry. I have had two letters come back – Hope this one reaches you.

Mable we are leaving Seattle the end of June -  the girls & I will be living in Painesville Ohio. George will be working in N. York this summer – But at least we’ll see him weekends, this every two mths of seeing each other does not work – Is very hard on the girls.

Did Elsie write and tell you Mary Ellen is going to have a baby – We were very upset at first. But somehow time heals – the baby is due the end of August. She s going to keep the baby, and has been able to continue her school year – So at least she will not be missing school. Or I should say her 10th yr. Mable. I felt so bad But have gotten over it now the one that really helped me through all of this is Betty – I really love that woman – they have told me I am like there family.  Diane cryed as hard as I did, Gee she is a wonderful Girl.

Jim is still giving Elsie a bad time. He can be so mean at times. I guess a person should really understand those things. He has failed so much. I think his problem is liking to stay in Bed.

Mable, where would you like me to Store your things that you had me keep. Gee I wish you were here, you better come to see me when you get home. You know Mable your house sure isn’t the way you left it. I’ll put a bug in your ear. I do not believe the party who you having takeing care of things ever comes to check. I know Elsie doesn’t want to admit this.

Rain, Rain –I sure would like to see it go away – Very Depressing –

I just got back from Boston I spent ten days with George, Gee we had such a wonderful time: we plan to do this more often. Time slips by to fast. We’ve been seventeen years Sure seem impossible. Please excuse all my spelling I try to write too fast. When will you be coming home from Japan?  Mable – thank you so much for everything you gave us for Christmas. I thanked you before, But those letters came back. Sorry I didn’t get you anything – Please let me know what you need – panti hose or anything I will get them from the Ban before I leave.

George’s mother & Dad will be having there 50th wedding anni. The 22nd of June – So we plan to move around that time.

Mable, I misplaced all those books you sent me on China, But you use your own Judgement, Something plain would be nice. All white or maybe something trimmed in Gold. I also would like a tea set with cake plate’s – something very dainty – No Blue. I have a 16 piece setting of Blue anian. If you can find the good Danhue Coffee mugs, they cost $2.00 a piece here – very expensive – I would like ten of those. If they think it will take longer then a month of come to the states. Please send them to the address that I will put at the Bottom of the paper – I feel guilty asking for all of these things and never doing a thing for you. Is there something I can do for you.

Bozzali’s are about the same still on there high horse, half the time these yard is so full of Junk, you wouldn’t believe it. Have they ever put there pail on the fence? Noisy me

How is all the taylor Family? Hope fine tell them all hi. Will they be going back east, when he is out of the Air Force – my Oldest Brother will retire the end of this month – my mother & Dad are real well – mom is Drawing her – Social Sec now – I’ll close now – think of you very often – I was going to write to you from Boston & send you a card – I forgot your address at home – Mable – I will deposit money in the bank – One day this week – will send you deposit slip then – Love as Ever Irene & family

I have to tell you what Bette Lou said today – I wish Grandma Wineland was here – then we would have someone to visit.

Other address to send the China and other to if not possible to reach me by the Frist of June – or Last of May is.

Next day – address on small paper

No comments:

Post a Comment