LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jan 24, 1950 - A B Whilhite


Hardtner, Kans
Jan 24, ‘50

Mr. Archie Wineland,

Yours of the 9 of Dic rec’d. Sorry I mislaid your letter, just found it last night. Got that outfit rote me for reference hope you made it ok. No I am not married as yet. Sure is cold, sleeping by myself though. Clara is just fine. Pages have a nice Liquor Store where they run the restaurant now. Doing a nice business. Just got a letter from Robert Tyson this A.M. he is in Detroit Michigan now but not located as yet it is snowing here this a.m. 15 above Zero. Not nutch wind. I am living up stairs I say living just staying. Archie after we left Holdrege, went straight to my wheat 50 to 75 per cent hail, got 4 bn per acre. Just paid little over expenses, but cut some more for my neighbors then came home Bob got sick went to Hospital at Mitchell S.D. have not saw him since. Yes I had your drivers Lisence will send it to you, am thinking of going cutting wheat again this year. Brought case home left other 2 up there aim to sell them

Well Arch not mutch new down this way. All I do is haul a little sand go to dances, try enjoy my self, Clara & myself go to most all dances. A card party billed for to night. Don’t think of any news just now is still snowing. Will hang up for this time.

As ever, A.B. Whilhite
Will tell all hello for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment