LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1971 - M Robinson


Seattle Wn.,
Jan -11-71

Dear Mabel –

Just a line to say hello and to thank you for the very nice xmas card. I wanted to send one to you but didn’t know where to sent it as I hadn’t heard from you since last xmas when you were in Alaska as I didn’t think you were still there or was very much surprised to hear from you from Japan, how long have you been living there?

Well I guess it’s a small world these days places are not as far away as they use to see to be before the fast planes brought them so much closer to every-thing.

Well I’m still here managing this apt. house but I am getting awful tired of it too. My one and only vacation I’ve had since 1965 was in November 1968.

So I am going to try and get away from here for a week, orso as soon as a friend of mine gets over the flu and feels better then she will come over and take care of the place until I come back.

I may give it up later on this year as its getting so dangerous here now with the robberies and all, a person is afraid to go out at night at all you are not safe even in the day-time.

It would be nice if a person could go out in the evening for a walk when the weather is nice but those day are gone for-ever I guess.

Sure hope you folks have more freedom from this sort of thing than we do.

Well Mable hope you and the family had a nice happy holiday season and also all well.

When are you coming back to the state? Glad to hear the people are so nice that helps a lot.

So will close for now I have a very bad headache excuse the scribbling.

Wishing you and yours the best for the New Year, as always

Margarite Robinson

PS Drop a line if you have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment