LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1985 - Wava Wineland


McPherson, Kansas,
Dec 20, 1985

Dear Mable,

I don’t think you know who I am. I remember meeting you only one time. My name used to be Wineland. I am the daughter of Ira Wineland & the Granddaughter of Marshall Wineland. My mother was a Seaman. Her brother Joe Seaman was married to Nettie White.

I have wanted to contact you or your daughter for some time but didn’t have an address. I know Aunt Laura used to be in contact with some of you folks. But she is gone. I saw this address in the Natoma paper. Anyway I know your daughter especially has done some research & gathered information on the Wineland Family History.

I just wrote a book on my memories of the Wineland Family. It is mostly a personal book written for my children and grandchildren. Telling mostly of my growing up years in Osborne Co. There were so many relatives, living near, that I knew personally not just heard of. The book has 200 pages of picturs, maps, stories & family history. It covers about five generations o Winelands. The books cost $26.00 each to hve made. I only had 50 books made up. I only have 2 or 3 left that are not spoken for. I could let you have one if you are interested. Total cost would be $28.00 as it takes $2.00 for mailing. (I’ve tried to get one into each branch of the John Wineland Family)

It is cold & miserable in Kansas. Hope this finds you & your family well and may you have a Merry Christmas. This may not reach you as I don’t have a street address.

Sincerely,

Wava Nelson


PS I sent this before Christmas but the letter was return – so will try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment