LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

July 18, 1959 - Diane George


July 18, 1959

Dear Shirley & Family,

I’ve been thinking about what I would write all day. Now that I’ve started, I don’t know what to say. Frist I’ll ask how your trip was. I hope you didn’t have a hard time with the kids.

Your mother said, you were lucky to get to go. I’m so happy you got to go.

If you have time, would you write and tell me about your house. Your mother didn’t ay much about it, but she said was interesting to read about in your letter. She said you have great, big keys, and double windows. How does Chris like it in Germany, and the baby? I bet he is glad to see his daddy.

You know our puppy. Well his ears are trying to stand up. Right now the left ear is up and his right ear is still down, like when you saw him. We got him his cod-liver oil to make his ears stand up. Boy, does he love it. He takes it from a spoon, just like a baby. Enough about my dog.

I don’t know Myron but say hello to him for me. I hope I will meet him some time.

Mamma and your mother had a Tupper party today. They sold about $20 worth. They said it was not much but they learned from it.

I sure miss you Shirley but I know you like I better in Germany with Myron.

As you can tell I am an awful letter-writter, so be patient with me till I can brush up on my spelling and English. Write when you can.

Your Friend
Diane George

PS I don’t know if you have our address so here it is:
------
Seattle 16 Wash
This letter is not very long but I’ll improve with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment