LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

card from AW Hackerott Jan 1982


Dear Mable –

Just a note to tell you Aunt Laura passed away after a few ds in the hospital with a blood clot in her arm & leg.

Ralph Taylor’s funeral was 2 weeks before so it has been hard on Francis.

We will all miss her she was like a mother to me.

Love, Jr.


NOTE: postmark on letter Jan 24, 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment