LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rosa Moorhead Dec 16, 1870


I'm not sure if this will show up, but at least you can see what I'm going through when it comes to reading handwriting. I will say grandfather, Ebon, had good handwriting. The address marked on the envelope is "Wife Rosa Moorhead." She married Ebon White (middle name). He is Silas in my genealogy. They raised my grandfather, after their daughter, Lizzie Little White, passed away of lock jaw. She was only 22 years old at the time. Even being lucky enough to have these letters, is heart felt.

I will try and get more letters posted in the coming days, but wanted to post a letter that you could see first hand.

Enjoy and will try to do more like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment