LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Davenport Iowa, July 13th

Davenport Iowa
July 13h


Sunday morning
My Dear Wife,

Yours was read last night was clad to ear that you are all well. I have a bad cold and I cough half of the night I got some hop this morning and am going to make some stuff to take. I spoke to H about work for father h did not say but I think it will be all right in a little while.

They are making Mr. Ricky things for him & will send this week. I do not know of anything to write that will interest you. The Church that Mr. H belongs to had a picnic last Friday dinner and supper & dancing from 3 until 8 they wanted me to go but I could not I took supper with Carlton. He did not go & Mrs. C and girl come home early. I will stop now and write some more this afternoon or night you did not say that you got my letter last Thursday night or not.

Afternoon

I do not feel very well my head feels very bad. I may feel better in the morning. I will write a few lines in the morning letting you know how I feel then  I sent for 5 dollars in this you can get one dollar worth of sugar and the other for your dress next week I will send the money for Im hoping you will enjoy yourself. I am your most loving husband although convenient believe it pet I so love you more then anything  etc in the world and my boy if anything should happen to my loved ones don’t know what I would do and was to think nor uncertain life is and others lose here loved ones it makes me feel sad, or troll Pansy (?)
 b called away and have to easy your mind Good by for husband Eben

Box 952

Back of letter –

6 oclock Monday Morn.
Good morning pet I feel little better this morn, I did t cough much last night hope I will be all right – to day will wish a goine so you can get it Thursday night take good care of L and yourself love to M V….

Eben

No comments:

Post a Comment