LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Geo. L. White - Luray, KS 1951

LURAY RAIN COMPANY
GEO. L. WHITE, OWNER & MANAGER
LURAY, KANSAS

Nov. 20 – 1951.

Dear Archie;

Just a line, Got a letter from Mattie the other day, she sent me this letter that your mother wrote to my mother in 1894 while she wa visiting Father’s folks in Illinois.

Don’t know why she didn’t send it on to you, expect it was among Netties keepsakes.

Had some pretty cold and windy weather during pheasant season and there weren’t many killed. Quail season opened this morning, there more quai than for several years but some many weeds and undergrowth they will be hard to find with out a dog.

Prices of cattle have slipped and hogs too, but you don’t see any difference at the market. Joe was along yesterday but I was not at home.

Saw Harry and Albert Palmer at Salina Saturday. Harry is night clerk at Bell Hotel and Albert is night clerk at Plaza hotel, they both are more like uncle Warren ever time I sem them. Had been thiry years since I had seen Albert, in the mean time he got married raised six children, his wife died a couple years ago and his kids are all gown and married.

Will write more next time.

Write – Uncle Geo.


No comments:

Post a Comment