LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Nettie White - 1902 Osborne, KS

McGuire House
H. M. Benham,  Prop’r
Special Attention to Commercial Men
First Class Sample Rooms  “   “

Osborne Kansas, Sept 10     1902

Dear Mother =

Well I cannot think of much to write this P.M. but will write alli can can think of. I guess Mattie has told you all of the news, my eye is getting along fine, only there is something else coming on right side ofit The Dr thinks he can tell what it is in the morning I think it is a “Stye” I don’t know whether that is spelled right or not, There is going to be a Ball-game Friday here called “The leans and fats” Mr. Benham is one of them that will play I suppose he will be on the fat side he ought to any way I suppose father will go to see that, And then there will be a Show here all of next week, There is something going on all of the time I expect Archie was pretty sad when he found that letter had nothing for him but I will try and bring him something home, I guess I will write him a little letter. It was too bad that the Tame Graper got jammed so, well I will close for this time. Love & kisses to all & kiss Archie for me Good bye

From Your Daughter
Nettie

P.S. The doctor cut some more out of my eye as he diden’t quite get it all the other time an because it bled too much, N


No comments:

Post a Comment