LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Letter from Minnie Reeder to Mable Wineland 1960's

Thursday 8th

Dear Mable,

Just a line this morning to say, I am home & OK. Just weak. Vernon is here with me. Hes got the work all done and washed a tub of white clothes by 10 AM Juniors went 1 Della went to see Jay yesterday. Hes better & hears better than usal. He diddent remember the Boys being there. But He remembered you. He said, now I was home. He could come home & the next time, they wouldent get Him away so easy. So that means He cant come home, to visit. Margie called last night. Now she says, she will start Saturday but ill believe that when she gets here. Don’t worry. I just called the Dr. Office & He is not there. Is sick the nurse said I am sorry. I must write Forests to.
By now

All my love mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment