LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

July 31, 1978 - Delmer Stuart

July 31, 1978

Dear Aunt Mabel

I hope that things may begin to improve again now that some fo the sorrow has come to pass, butin its passing I know that all persons who have ever had any contact with Grandmother Reeder, has made the gain of a lasting love that shall not end, ever, even though the body is covered and gone, the spirite shall always be.

Aunt Mabel, I hope that I’m not considered out of place by asking for anything, but it may be that there was a small album of stamps, toys, ect, that I had when I was home in LaGrande. Or if I could haveany letters written to Grandmother in the years past.

The letters I would keep for myself, the toys and stamps to be passed on to my children, they may also be some book and photos.

Anything that you might see a way to send, I would be grateful.


I also hope that one day I might be able to visit all of you. In the mean time, Love Always, Delmer Stuart





NOTE: Delmer has since passed, so felt I could post this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment