LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Penokee KS June 10 - Archie's sister

Penokee KS
June 10

Dear Bro.

I rec your letter Glad to get it.

Am rindy slow about returning it But Floyd & Alivin wanted to see the laywer so we did Sajers the laywer said if he was us he waned go up their & hire a laywer on persenatage he said it was worth it. But for my part I would just as soon drop it. Alvin & Floyd want to take it up. So let me no before to long we showed him this letter the laywer wrote you.

Ollie is replanting sure had some rain I have soo little chick maxcine has two teeth & crawls all own weigh 24 ½ lbs & is 27 in. tall. Sure some chunk

Will close we are sure busy. Now Harriet is only about 2 WV oz.

Close lot Love


From your Sis to you all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment