LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Photo Corrections for ANCESTRY

Over the last couple months, I've found others who have copied my photos and mislabeled them. I have original photos of most of what I'm posting. When I find other's copying them and then posting them as their own or mislabeling them, I'm a little ticked. GAVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DO AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE BEFORE YOU POST THEM.


This photo has been posted as "Alvin H. Wineland, Roxie Ham Wineland and Cary W. Wineland Kirk. INCORRECT! This is my great grandmother, Lizzie White Wineland, Cary W. Wineland, and my grandfather, Archie Wineland. My great grandmother, Lizzie was Cary's first wife and dead at an early age of lock jaw. So, for those who want to have the true name attached to this photo, this is it.


I have tried to correct this photo but the person who took it off "Find-a-grave" has it labeled as, "Proud parent with baby Archie." INCORRECT - That is Archie Wineland holding my mother, Shirley Wineland. I know who my grandfather is and I know who my mother is. So, if you see this photo, please correct it to the proper title. I do not appreciate those who copy a photo off my "find a grave" site and mark it as their own, let alone mislabel it.


This photo is also mislabeled. I can't remember who took it off my "find a grave" site and then posted it as their own. This photo is of my great grandparents, Joseph Carl Matheson, Minnie True Matheson, and my grandmother, Mabel Cleo Matheson. If you see this, please correct it as well.

I have put 35 years into my family history and I don't appreciate those who take my information and publish it as their own. At least give me credit for all the work I have done on these families. As for photos, I'm going to start marking them private to keep them out of the hands of people who can't or won't be considerate of others.

This blog is copywritten and should also be respected as such. I have the original letters and if I find abuse with the letters, I will quit showing them on this blog. These letters are to be shared with family, but not to be published without my permission. I ask the same respect for my photos. I have given permission to those I know are family members. It would be nice if they stated such when the post them on her public ancestry accounts.

Thank you for your respect and consideration. I ask everyone to please correct the photos with the right information, since I am unable to reach those who have published the wrong information.

Happy Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment