LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Minnie Reeder to Mable Matheson Wineland - March 11, 1962

Sunday 11th

Dear Mable

Guess I better write a few lines I don’t know if I answered your last letter or not. I diddent mark it if I did. I received the package you sent. Yesterday. Thanks a million for the shoes they are lovely. I got them on OK. So think I can wear them OK> they are pretty, it’s sure snowing out now, real hard it snows hard a while then clears & the sun will shine & the sky looks real blue reguar March weather, the hankies are real nice. As usal. Did you want the threads you sent put o these hankies? Juniour eat supper here Friday as He went to work at 1.45 PM & it was the twins Birthday, so Della & the Boys came in to. Soon as school was out. So He could eat with the family on the Boys Birthday next Sunday will be Stephens Birthday. The twins, & Janice stayed all night then went home with Him last night as He went home, it was His afternoon to go to Pendleton then, He had to work at midnight last night to I am glad Archie had a Pysical to & that He is doing so well. Forgetting seems to be general any more. Wheather you are young or old. I don’t think Jay does to much forgetting, Hes just plain onry at times till I could scalp Him. But He just plain ignors what I say like He diddent hear, but He hears more than He lets on I know, & I am iom gaining lbs again. Which I don’t want to do. I don’t know if taking that medicine or not. Dorthy don’t think so as He told me it was to build up the blood & got more blood to the heart ill ask Him when I go back the 19th the Dr I did have, & was Morthers Dr. He had returned on account of poor health kidney infection, died Friday. Dorthy & I went to his funeral Saturday. My it was a large funeral. The larest I I ever seen. The Dr must of all been there men from the collage, teachers & of oh so many. We had to stand up not much room left to stand in. the frount was full of flowers & flowers all around the room above the windows when we went to the cemetery they had 2 pickup trucks loads of flowers, they were sure lovely. Archie is always painting some where. Isn’t he? I wish I could but so far I haven’t had the money to buy the paint. Jays insurance this mounth, we kneed a new toilet to, Dorthy had the flu She was so sick, was in bed to or 3 days. She wouldn’t let me do much. As Robert was home that week. Yes I love the pillow cases to work the tatting on, iom sure glad you liked the pillow cases, no you never mentioned the picture Shirley ent. I know it must be pretty our peonies were coming up. Don’t know what the cold will do to them, guess I have written all I know. So will close I must get lunch to , that’s all it will be this evening we burned up 3 loads of wood & we had to get some coal Saturday, we had put in a stove in the front room, wont do that again I don’t think, by now love Mother thanks again for the shoes me walking around in red shoes I had a paid pin once before I liked them.


 Monday morning its some cloudy today, but warm I had a big tub of clothes & the wind is blowing enough to dry the clothes, it was sure good to talk to you seamed so nice & thanks again for the shoes they are lovely. Tell Elsie & Jim I send our best regards & thank Her mother for me. I talked to Mrs. MOrgain this morning. She has 4 hankies done, will have 2 more She thought by the end so next week. I thought if she had some out there. She could be working on them & she had a chance, as some times she is real buisy & she dosen’t feel to well since she had th flue twice this winter I must finish lunch now. By by mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment