LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

La Grande Feb 10 (envelope stamped 1947 OR)

Dearest Mable and Family,

I have kept thinking you would write, but after reading Forests letter yesterday, guess you are waiting for me to write. I rode home with Jr. & Della Friday night, then Delmer & I came home on the bus last night. its the first time the bus made me sick, but I was so nervous & shaky when I got home I could be off the bus I could hardly stand. did any of us send you Jr. & Dellas address or tell you they are expecting the stork the last of March. Ethyl had a shower on her last Friday.
their address is
Jay Reeder, Jr. 416 SW.
Hailey. & 5th
Pendleton Oregon. he works nights from 10 am till 6 pm. why dont you come down after school is out. I would love to have you come. & how is Shirley. she never writes any more. Mable I told Forest to write to you about Orville I dont know what he has told you, so, if they is any more you want to know, write & ill answer it. & what is yourtelephone no? & what pictures do you have of Orville? he was in Aberdeen, but got sick, so came home. he always wanted to stay here with us, he said where Mother was was his home to. its warm here now been trying to snow a little so is rather muddy out again. Well Mable I don't know much to write about so will close now, oodles of love
                                                                                                                Mother & all
write real soon remember to send telephon no. I tried to call you but couldent   there is a note on the envelope by the address to Mable asking "do you want my wedding ring)


This is Minnie True Matheson Reeder with her second husband Jay Reeder. Thought you would like to see names with faces. 


Another photo, later in life. The first one is believed to have been a wedding photo. This is the grandparents I remember. 


This is Mable and Archie Wineland. She was always a true lady. Never talked bad about anyone and if she had family she was upset with and did not talk about or to, they were "dead" in her eyes. Her sister didn't exist until I met her when Minnie passed away. Margie became her sister again when I was 19 years old. Before that, Mable didn't have a sister. I believed her till I looked Margie in the eye and asked who she was, when she told me she was grandmother's sister, I turned to grandmother and said, "you told me you didn't have a sister." She replied, "oh, well, I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment