LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Osborne, KS March 20th, 1962


Osborne, Kansas
March 20th, 1962

Dear Archie and Mable:

I am sending you the obituary of Bess. She passed away March 7th and was buried at Hoxie on the 12th.

I was there and all the kids except Harold and he was at her funeral at Silverton but had to get back to Mexico where he works.

All the kids look fine except Rool and he looked pale puny I suppose because he has had so much sickness and been inside so much.

I hadn’t seen little Alice or Cliddords Sylvia since Freds funeral Clifford looked better than I had ever seen him. You know he had a very bad appendix operation in August and they thought he wouldn’t live for several days.

Well we have had the Damdest winter cold and lots of snow. 24 below one night and lots of night ten below and not over ten above in the day time. They say today is the first day of spring, ad a couple days of good weather and then an inch of rain last night and windy as hell today.

Walter Pfortmiller was here a few days ago wanting your Address and Cliffs at Portland, Guess he is going to take a trip up in that country this summer.

Saw Melvin a month or so ago and he said that he was up to Stocton and saw Roxie and some of the Wineland kids and I think he said he saw a couple of the Kirk boys, Looks like they would change their name to Wineland.

Johnnie lOckes BB teamwent to State again but put out in their first game. I am wating anxiously for Base Ball to start. A little less than a month now and I will be stuck fast to TV.

Looks like the Dogers or Giants in the National don’t think the reds can do it again and of course it will be the Yanks in the American but I wish some other team would get in there and beat the sox off them.

Havent seen Stella since Joes funeral but one when we were we were in Salina Ila called her and she said if she sold her house she was going to move to Colo Springs where her daughter lives.
Last fall when Lucille and CB and four other couples went Elk hunting down in South western Colo Lucille was the only one to get an Elk. She felt pretty big about it.

Havent been over to Natoma for several months. Don’t know if Ralp took his annual trip or not.

Love to both and write,

Uncle Geo.

No comments:

Post a Comment