LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Portland, OR 1928 - Irwin Wineland


Portland Ore
April 24, 1928

Dearest Bro and Wife:

I rec’d your most welcome letter today sure glad to hear from you – That’s mighty fine of you in getting McCaslin on the Job – Now when you tke your hunting trip next fall – tell me where and I might possibly get off for a couple of weeks, and meet you and grandfather – I haven’t been deer hunting for several years – although here in Oregon is some of the finest deer hunting in the U.S.A. and fishing – say every body goes fishing for Salmon & Trout

But you know Archie, that when one is working a Co and expects to advance with them he has to apply his self and they expect him to get results so I work many a week 7 days and I go out lots of times at night and make sales for my self or some of the new fellows  I have been Sales Mgr here for the Co since Jan 1st and the Pacific Coast Div Mgr told me personally – that he was going to make me a Br Mgr – they are going to open Salt Lake and also Denver up and I might possibly get one of them I’d like to very much. Here’s a snap shot of the wife and my car and the old “Buzzard” himself – I possible look some what older than I did the last time you saw me.

That would be fine if you could arrange to work Uncle Geo’s place on a share Basis – nothing to loose only time a plenty to gain if everything runs smooth and I know that it will with you giving it justly dues. You now Archie – that one gets back just about what he puts into any thing and if you go in to win and keep the spirit up – he will.
Now Archie write and tell me all the news –

Tell Grandfather – Uncle Geo and all the rest helo and that I’d give anything if I could pay a visit to them but right now I’m pretty much tied down –

One of h boys he’s one of the crew Mgrs – he’s making a trip back to Colo and into Kansas about May 1st and he’s going to look you up – when he comes if he gets that far – show him the old hospitality that we always show friends of the family – he’ll tell you all about me and the Co he –

As ever your loving bro & wife.     IGWineland

No comments:

Post a Comment