LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sept 13, 1923 - Archie Wineland


Sept 13 1923
Natoma Kansas

Thurs Morn.


Dearest Mable – Mighty glad to hear from you kid and also just tickled to death to hear that you didn’t get to go thrash. HaHa

Well kid I didn’t go to Hays as we threshed TES> Seen R. C. B. yesterday and he said that they won. I never got to see R. C. B. Sun eve and If I had of I would have told him what I thought of the “gang” so there. Will explain later. I am thinking strong of taking In a relay team to the Fair but I don’t think that I will play any Polo. You know I’m not good enough. $ any.

I received a card from my Aunt Mattie from Ft Collins Colo.

I was in town Mon after Coal but didn’t see you any place so guess you must have been working. I suppose jim and Babe Will drop in one of these mornings. Did they say whether  they. got our  letters or not. If grace comes up let me know and I’ll come over and intertain her some eve while Hank is not there and you are asleep. I am going down and get me a real mess of Fish this afternoon. I have been eating so much water mellons that I am getting so that I look like one. Oh say kid wasn’t the dance fine the ther nite my feet still ache from the affects from it and I suppose your feet feel the same way. Jack Vogeldesang asked me how I liked it and I said find and he said you looked like you enjoyed it all right. Well kid I don’t think of anything to say so there. I may be over St nite and If I don I will be over some time Sun. If that’s all right with you Missie. Be a good girl and I’ll bring you a stick of gum when I come.

As ever
Archie E.

No comments:

Post a Comment