LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

1935 - Hogan's (friends of the family)


Natoma Kansas
Dec 19, 1935
Thursday

My Dear Mabel – Will you are still on the road but I wanted you to have your usual Christmas greeting so I guess I better be sending it. No doubt you are at Bob & Matties this evening if  your plans worked out as you thought they would. Hope you are getting along O.K. I am sure little Shirley will be glad to get to the end of the journey not to mention the rest of you.

We cleaned our kitchen up today. It really needed it – as you know.

Hope you get along O.K. – and that you wont eat to much Christmas.

Will write more some other time –

Lovingly, Jo

The girl dressed in red on this Xmas card is you – you like red so well.

NOTE: This letter is from Mr & Mrs. W. P. Hogan, Natoma Ks R.R.1

Hogan’s were very close friends to my grandparents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment