LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

1940 - Albert Birge


Calcord Oka
Feb 1-40

Dear Sister rec your letter a few days ago I was so glad to hear from you once more it had been so long I was afraid you had left this old world of trouble. Me and wife is as well as old people can be expected to be. Sure would love to see you Harve is in Drunright Oka and was well the last I heard from him we had had the coldest winter than many years I do hope there will be good crops this year the crops hasnt been good for so long a time. Sarah how old are you I will be 70 years old the 2nd of August do you get a Pension me and my wife both get a Pension I dont know how we would live if we didnt get it for we are not able to do any hard work I have High Blood Prishor and it make it hard for me to do any work dont wait so long to write for we cant be here very much longer our time on earth will soon be over and I want to be ready to go when the Lord call for me. Well good by Dear sister be good and god bless and keep you from your old Brother Albert.

No comments:

Post a Comment