LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Please understand....


I just wanted everyone to see what I'm going through to get these letters posted. This is a copy of one of the letters I've already posted. I file them in a "acid free" plastic sheet. Each letter posted is filed in a binder. Eventually the binder(s) will be labeled and dated by each person sending the letters.

Over the last week, I have been going through boxes of photos, letters, documents, etc., that my great great grandmother, great grandmother and grandmother felt needed keeping. In all of these papers, I'm going through to see if they need to be noted for genealogy purposes. It's overwhelming at times.


Crazy me, had "piles" of stuff for each set of family members. One pile for each of my mother's uncles, one pile for the True family, etc. The box that I set aside for my brothers and myself seem to grow. At times I want to just burn them, and I would never know what I missed, but I tend to be the "keeper" of the family.

So, that pile you see all over the floor was cleaned up, put into bigger piles for each family member we plan to return photos and documents to.

Trust me, this is not all I have.


This is a photo of the letters I found in the 2 shipping boxes you see at the top of the photo. You can take those letters and multiply them at least 4 times, and you can get a good idea of what I'm going through. I have more letters and my parents tend to tell me they have even more at their house.

So, please be patient with me, as more letters will be copied and posted. It takes a lot of time to copy the letters, and as I do, I keep them in a thumb drive. My brother has offered to help me with the letters, and I may just take him up on it.

In the meantime.....more letters to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment