LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1950 - Archie Wineland?


10 – 16 – 1950
6336 – 32nd – SW
Seattle, 6 Wash..

Dear Uncle Geo, and Aunt Violet,

Got your nice letter so will answer before I forget. Aunt Violet, that was a nice newsy one you wrote Shirley. Glad you got to take a trip, and I know you Folks enjoyed it. Did you get to see the Building at Coz Geos, that they used in taking the Picture? I got quite a kick out of that. Quite a country out there isn’t it? I don’t believe I’ve seen Lucille since we came west, yet mabe I have, any way I’ll bet if I met her I’D know her for sure. You wrote about the Deer hunting in Utah, ts about the same situation here, Irv and I were out opening Day up over the pass, and we never saw one. Ran into lots of Elk sign, but no Deer Probab ly too high up, but down lower there were too many hunters too suit me. The Game Dept estimates theres over 100,000 hunters that went out of Seattle. There has been 6 killed so far. (hunters) Very few Bucks so far. Irv and I plan on Going this Wk end. Ha an Elk hunt all fixed up, but the Fellow I was going with called up and decided he hadn’t better go ashe would loose too much time from work. Since I’m working too, it isn’t so disappointing as we can go over east from of the Mts and take in a Sat and Sun and loose no time. Next door neighbors Father killed a bear yesterday, and his 12 year old grandson killed the young one. Old mother bear weighed 175 and small one 75, I’ll bet the grandson feels big. I saw a black bear that was killed yesterday, and it was awful thin. Theres lots of bear in this country.

See by the paper they had a big rain around Natoma, bet the wheat is big enough for pasture. Would like to be back there, I’d go after that buck I saw. Hope Ralph got the alfalfa sowed. I wrote Warrena, but haven’t heard from her. Guess I’l have to write Ralph and find out what kind of a deal he will make. Mom and Shirley say they will be back, but mom says she wants to know what the set up is before she quts her job to go. What do you think would be a good and fair deal for both? I know one thing for sure, if I ever go back to the Ranch I’m never going to come back to this contry. I do think tho that it would be a better deal than working. Cattle are going to be high, and every thing else for

No comments:

Post a Comment