LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

August 4, 1959 - Darlene & Bob


August 4, 1959
Dear Shirley, Myron & kiddies –

Gee it was so nice to get your letter – I would have answered sooner but we had had company from Calif., for a week. A couple we met in Texas. Myron knows him, his name is Jonnie Worley. We really had a great time but I was so tired from chasing and lack of sleep I couldn’t hardly move. Bob was & still is on vacation & we are really enjoying it all we can. Ronnie & Bob went down & watched the hydro-planes try out today & you can well imagine how Ronnie liked that. The weather hasn’t been too nice this weektho so it kind of limits us as to what we can do.

Tomorrow we plan to put the 3rd coat of paint on our house (which I have) & it sure looks nice now. I just love to paint.

Oh yes, I am going to play golf Thurs & that is a real joke as I don’t even know how to hold the club – but Bob insists I go – so if he wants to baby sit who am I to argue.

You remember Joy DuCharme don’t you? Well she had  baby girl last week, don’t know what kind of a mother she will make but who knows she may be better than me!!

Gee your trip just sounded so nice & what an experience for you. I’m so glad you like it so well, but even if it were a hole it would be wonderful just to be with your hubby & family. I don’t doubt but what Myron does love that little girl she is so sweet & Chris is just a regular little man.

Ain’t you surprised that I don’t have a list a mile long of all the things I need from Germany? I’ll wont until you have time to settle & for me to get some money (that is another joke). Only one little thought if you ever run into Channel #5 price it for me & maybe I can save my pennies!

Well, butter get to bed now & try to catch up on a little sleep but I will be writing again.

Take good care of yourselves & write when you have time.

Love,

Darlene, Bob
Kathie & Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment