LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rosa Moorhead White Dec 12, 1875


At home. Dec 12th/75

Dear Husband.

Yours came last night but I had not got any papers for two weeks now, don’t you get them or were you going to wait to bring them when you come. Should think they were quite busy from the way you speak of their wanting the work so you cannot come until Sat morn, do they want you to go back as you spoke of a while ago? Your Father says when you come home he is going to have you go up there to work in his place while he gets his mood up. I told him I could’nt spare you a day if you are going back to D- soon, he says you could’nt get board at Dearths they have others since you come away but you could board yourself & I told you would not do that but we would all move up there.

Frank Bullock came home Friday night do not know how long he will stay – Ella has not gone yet but expects to go Tuesday. Ann has gone up to Chitilies to stay until Wednesday & then she is going over on the prairies with Mike to pick corn. Guess she will get sick of that if we do not have pleasanter weather than for the last few days, the sun did not shine for more than a week until today it has been warmer but tonight the wind flows cold & it is freezing. I think it has been very fortunate for one that the weather has not been very cold all the time, only 13 days more & I guess I will have some one to help me – I don’t know who will go to meet you but I guess there will be some one to go, if they were half as glad to have you come there will be enough to go. Julius has not finished picking corn yet. Will has gone to help this week, Billie Paul & Warnen & Uncle Charlies have all gone up there too.

I can’t think of any thing to write this eve but maybe l will write some more tomorrow. I sent one letter to Grand Ridge by your Father & maybe I will end this. I dreamed of you being so sick last night hope you are well, write me a long letter jet I am so lonesome. Good night pleasant dreams, from Rosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment