LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, May 7, 2016

March 15 - Sunday - June

Sunday Mar 15

Dear Shirley,

You go right ahead and preach – if that’s what you call it. I was so glad & proud too to receive your letter. Too many of us take for granted the rights and freedoms that our free flying flag guarantees us, the people of this great country. Too many forget the spilled blood, the gut & grit that gave us these rights. And too few realize that these rights could be lost or taken from us. I am proud to be a distant relation to you and your husband. You keep right on feeling the way you do – it is wonderful!
I too was privileged to have cub scouts & Clyde was assistant Scout Master. Also had Blue Birds, Camp Fire Girls & etc,. Clyde also worked with Little League for two years.

I have gotten discouraged in my research as it seems I am wondering down roads that lead nowhere – but make in time.

Did you get a picture of the Weinland or Wienland crest when you were in Germany? I have hunted the Paradena library on my day off – but cannot find it nor any genealogical references to the spelling of Wineland that Parks wife so kindly sent.

If I think I have information I will write. If you get some – write – otherwise forget t. We are all so busy in the mad cap world of today. I can’t help but wish I could live longer to see what changes that futre will bring to our planet. When you think of the change – just since our Great Grandmother & Grandfather John & Jane Wineland it is truly awesome.

Wava Nelson (Ira Wineland’s daughter) has never answered myletter. I had a nice letter from Marvin & Esther Wineland – but they had no information. They did send the picture of our Great Grandparents that I mentioned in my last letter.

Love,

June

Note: Believe this letter was written ca 1966. 

No comments:

Post a Comment