LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Park Wineland 7-7-57

The Hulman Building
120 West Second Street
Dayton 2, Ohio

Park Wineland Manager

7-7-56

Dear Archie:

After arriving home from the ball game last night, Mrs. W. remembered that we had visited your cousin Ira at Lerpsie, Ohio. That is not very far where the fastin of your grand-father lived. Near Lindlay, Ohio.

I was born and raised just 12 miles from Findlay in Word County.

However so far, I have not been able to place the original John, who came west from some place in Penna. I am enclosing his clart. Ira told me the orginal J. lived in a house where the Penna & Maryland line went through the house. Vout he could not tell me in what country in Pa, I have been in all out three of these Co’s but so far bars not found any count records.

My “hunch” and it is purely one is that he was the son of Jacob & Mary who lived in Beford during the whiskey rebellion, they had about 800 acres of land there but sold it, before the final warrant was issued. The story goes, that he took to the Hills when the troups came there, as he had a big still there, However later he came out and was not prosecuted. But I do not find any further record in the court house, so he must have moved.

I arrved at that idea because the first son (see chart) was named Jacob, and the second son John, Hoever his first daughter was Margarete Ann, (But their the grand-mother could Lanbeur Mary Ann.

So you see how every little bit of information helps make the picture.
I have a letter from Melvin Wineland Alton, Kansas.

So glad you wrote, I am writing to your Brother.

Thanks,
Park Wineland

PS/ Ira is a son of A12 – Jonathan.




This is the original letter - some of the words I wasn't sure about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment