LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Thursday, September 1, 2016

July 22, 1940 - Ernest Birge

Seymour Manufacturing Company
Scythe Snaths, Grain Cradles
Post Hole Diggers, Etc.
Seymour, Indiana

July 22, 1940

Mrs. Sarah Johnson
1506 – Y Ave
La Grande, Oregon

Dear Mrs. Johnson:

I am getting your branch of the family n a little better shape all the time but it is still far from complete as there are a number of lines that I have not been able to bring down to date. I have tried not to bother you with too many questions at one time for I know that it is difficult for you to write and if I can get some other member of the family to share in the work it would not be so difficult for you.

Can you again give me the address of your brother Albert in Oklahoma? Either I have not read the name correctly or I did not get the right address of any members of his family so that I could write to them.

I have written to your son Will and will try to get from him all the names of your children, the date of their birth and to whom married but as yet have not heard from him. It is undoubtedly a busy time of the year for him and I will write again in the fall when work slackens up some.

I forwarded your pictures up to my wife and she could not believe that you are s old as the records show. If I ever got to 88 I would be happy, say nothing about looking young.

Very sincerely,

Ernest N. Birge


ENB:VS

No comments:

Post a Comment