LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

June 2, 1873 - Eben White

June 2nd, 73
Davenport

Dear Wife,

This is Monday morning. The P.O. was so ful! Sat night that I could not get an order and it will not open until  this morning I may send the money by express I will send see when I get down there if yu do not get an order with this go to the express office. I am well have got a big boil on the left side of my neck and it has been bore but Mrs. Carlton was over here last night and made something to put on it and it is open now and better. Come as I told you and I will meet you. I made my 18 dollars all right last week
Love to all
Yours in heart
Eben

Tell Blackmer that his cousin is on from the east his folks live right close here.


I got your letter this morning and Iwill send 13 dollars. And R can come with you buy her a ticket to here and then I will get another from here to Ulica & will drop a line to the folks at the Ville to meet her there. I paid 150 for that from I have not got one of your letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment