LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lizze Little White (Wineland) Sept 20, 1894

Vermillionville
Sep 20 1894

Dear Mother

I got your letter last night, and was very glad to hear from you. Am glad to hear that you he got the Post Office. How are you all getting along now any way. I have been here up the Ville about a week am going down with George tomorrow night to stay with Aunt Ann next week. All the folks are well. Grandma wasn’t very well last week but is feeling lots better now. I would have wrote before this but I have been so busy visiting that I did not have time to write before. Grandma says to tell you that she but stamps last night & was much obliged. Does Louise talk of coming back any more. Oh I wish he would come. Uncle Hill sa he hasn’t heard from you since you wrote. I have been staying with Mand quite a bit since I came back as she has to do the work alone since the work has gone and she likes to have somebody stay with her, as the more I get accuainted with her the better I like her. Will grandma & Aunt Jull are going to the Post Office so guess I will send this letter with them my head aches so bad. I cant think any thing else to write so I will write again in a few days.


Your daughter, Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment