LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Post Cards

Here are some of the post cards that have been in the family.



Some of them have writing on the back as well.


There is wear and tear to most of them. BUT the are really pretty to look at.



Some of these, I wonder if grandmother just liked and wanted, or if she bought them to use.



This is just a few of what I have. I'm starting back on working on the letters, as there are way too many of them. If I can get organized, then that will help out as well. I have filled a binder of the letters I have done so far. And that isn't even a dent.

No comments:

Post a Comment