LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Frances Stevenson - 1985

Note: this is not quiet 50 years old, but it's a member of the family that has since passed. 


Dear cousin Mable,

Yes I am still sewing – painting, & the yd work except moeing the grass.

I still trimmed the trees N of house as fas up as I can reach them with an Eledric clippers then my grandson has been doing the rest & mowing & what ever he can get the time off from Farming too.

I ieced & tied 2.2 quilts of knit took almost a year to finish them. The kids all say they are sure warm this winter. And went to San Diego one to Dallas & 2 to MO. I gave Bro Ted one, one to Denver. Dean is in Saudia Arbra. So I still have his & gave one each to 4 children. & 16 grandchildren oh one went to  Grand Junction Colo too. Grand Junction Colo too. Grand Junction Colo too. I kept one for myself.

I did have a good garden but my son planted it for me cause last March guess I must of gotten sinus infection partly from the knit & from Nov 8th to Feb 8 I was trying to  take in so many pot luck dinner. So this fall I by passed some of it.

We have a 2nd time around shop at th church & on Wed. I work there from 11 AM to 1 PM waiting on customers. W sort clothes & most everything t & price in some we box & sent other plae where people can have in & use it We give to th needy & sell real cheap. All of it like a set of Mattresses for $25.00 Drsses not more than 2.00 most a lot 1.00 Suits 2.50 Baby Beds for $10.00 or less. Soes from 25(cent sign) to $1.00 per coats 2.00 to 3.50 good tngs some are new lots and lots of jeans for 1.00 & kitchen things in fac I can’t begin to name in all. I like to do that as of now I am making thngs for gifts & have some painted pictures for my 4 children that are married.

I do get some pictures made off of the true grandparents & great grands also Stevensons Will’s parents & his grandparents an his Mothers & Fathers side  The Allen Grandparents of mine & my parents wedding pictures for each of my children for gift for Christmas. 3 by 5 size black & white. Hope they will like them So Maurice still milks cows. My daughter & husband turned theirs over to the one son. Ilene goes all over at the dairy farms to test milk & it goes to Tapeka, Ks. She is gone 3 to 4 days a week. She stays at night where she is for the evening & morning test.

She has had to pick her days due to the Storms & icy wheather & zero too. I heard out there you too have had rain & snow. Side of our streets are still lots of ice & snow. & we are due for more this week am biggest snow was 6 in of ice an everything. Guess it is cold & stormy all over U.S.

I don’t like to write either, but once a year don’t hurt. Oh, Did Christine get married. I did not relize who Christine True was she she was here. This could have been Maurice, Grandaughter if so she was little when I saw her last. She & a boyfriend were on their way to Illinios to get married. I haven’t heard from them since Bro. Tedd said she was a cousin they were here late at night & stayed & left early next morning.

I will take time & look it up n this Family History Note Book Ilene made and get that straightened out. I hope to have some of our kids here by Dinner at Christmas time.
I he you are all well Tell Maurice Hi for me he can read this letter to, if you don’t mind.

I forgot to tell you after Wm. Died 9 years ago a neighbor of mine he always came over to play dominoes with Wm after his wife passed away. One day he decided to sell out & go to Seattle where his daughter lives. Then one day about a year ago he ask me to go out their with him, but I said no. In fact he never knew it but I never liked him ha. Then 2 other guys wanted me one was father of my son in law & the other his Uncle. I am Happy the way it is. So what.

Give this a laugh. Guess they wanted a cook as the first one when he & daughter came back for a visit became to see me & said he had a lady friend. She does the cooking & he buys the groceries, how about that.

His son was here too & he said when his dad ask me if I had a boy friend I said no. He said he dint either have a lady friend we laughed about it.

Well I better go hear the news so far now, Frances S.


No comments:

Post a Comment