LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

20 July 1965 - Oma Whitson

Tuesday
20 Jul 1965

Dear Mrs. Taylor

Thank you so much for answering my letter and sending the sheet you filled in. I will add it to the White family tree. The chr meant christened and where the mar. was where and where you were married? Yes this is fascinating work. The more you search the more you want to.

The Benjamin White born 24 August 1949 and married Mary Fabs (?) was a soldier of the Revolution. He would be your 4th Great-Grandfather. So you could be eligible to be a D.A.R. I have thought about it some myself. I have a little history of some of these families and it tells of this one being in the Revolution. I am sending a chart of your ancestors. It starts with you and goes back as far as I have it. Alice Miley a second cousin, (first cousin to your father) is also doing some research on this line so maybe she can come up with some more.

I did want your marriage date and place.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Mrs. Oma Whitson
Box **
Waldo, Kansas

We have sold our hose in Kinsley and are back in our home at Waldo now.



No comments:

Post a Comment