LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Mar 14, 1984 - Gladys Imperatrice

Mar 14, 1984

Dear Mable,

It was sure nice to hear from you. The pictures arrived in great shape.

Thank you very much I really appreciate getting them, they mean a lot to us.

We are all well hope you are too.

The weather here has been wonderful in the 70’s and the flowers are all blooming.

The obituary you wrote was really nice. Did you want it back? If so I will send it to you.

I don’t have any records of the True family. It would be nice if you sent me the names.

I just had two children a boy Dennis and a girl Phyllis. Dennis is married and has a little girl Samantha age 7. Phyllis is divorced has 3 sons James age 18, Danny age 17, and Earl will be 14 in June. James has joined the marines.

There are five of us girls and our families are all her in Fresno, so when we get together we have over 30 people. We are all real close to each other.

Sorry I didn’t answer sooner.

Love, Gladys


No comments:

Post a Comment