LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

April 11 - 49 - Esther True

April 11 – 49

Dear sis.

Just got your letter today. Glad to hear from you. Sorry you ar’nt so well. I am pretty good. Only my right hand and arm.

Think I told you I had a light stroke last Oct. left my hand and arm so it bothers me. When I use it much it aches. That is what bothers when I write.

I thought I told you when I wrote that I was going to the hospital what it was for. Got my gallbladder out had gall stones. I was only in the hospital a week, but in bed 4 weeks after I came home.

I do all my work but don’t do any lifting. I run the clothes through the machine. Will hang these out and fill the bush and enities the water.

Theodore and his wife was here until a month ago. “Been to her mothers.” Will be back this week.

Am glad you wrote me about Fred. I hav’nt heard from him since I saw him at Ed’s last August.

I have written him 4 or 5 letters but no answer. Letters never came back. Where is he living? Is his address the same?

Sadie wrote me Erma was to be married. Then last week Azle wrote me she and her husband had been there. I think Ed had a stroke last summer. His heart bothered and he could’nt walk. He was under oxygen. He got better and went home I think before Christmas. About a month ago his oldest girl wrote me that he had been in bed a month – said she would write again, but had’nt I wrote to the girl who lives with them but she has’nt written and Eds wife don’t write.

I am sure I wrote Azle what I have written you about Ed. Wish I could hear more from them. He does’nt write.

Our children are all well. Will is’nt very good can’t do to much at a time. You know he will soon be 80. Will sis I better quit. Have to go see about my chicks. Have a 100 2 weeks old.

Love, Esther

P.S. Weather fine with everything green.67 above today. Our garden covering up.

P.S. I forgot to tell you, When we were at Eds one Dr. said what was the matter with his heart. There was a lot in the main veins close to his heart. That worked out.

 He also told s there was a growth I his stomach and he was to old to operate. It may be that trouble has come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment