LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hugo Colo Mar 5, 1947

Hugo Colo Mar 5 1947

Dear Mrs. Reader

Our old Friend I will try and write you a few lines. I sure was glad to hear from you. Yes Orvile came to see us a few minutes when they went through last fall. We sure was glad to see him thow I did not recinese him as he was quit small boy when we seen him last. An he seen s happy that day. I sure was sorry to hear that he has past away so soon. Peter and I have never left Hugo so we have been hear in town all the time. Mildred and family are in San Antonio Texas have been there just about seven years. Her husband work as a civle inploy at the Kelly Air field and has a good job so I guess they will be there for some time.

Thursday morning

And I think I will try and finish this letter while Peter is up town and the raido is quit for a little while as he is comeing home to listen to a speech of se kind. Peter has not been so very well this winter but able to be around I really think he does real well for 74 year as he has been working at the basement when te weather permits which has not been very often this cold weather it is snowing just a little again this morning.

We have had a lot of storm and bad weather and cold this winter. I suppose you folk know Mrs. Clarence passed away about a year an a half ago. I never see any of them  There are not a grate maney of the old folk around Bovina as the most of them have passed on  Well I guess I must close as there don’t seem to be much to write any way.

Your old Friends

Mr  & Mrs P. H. Weyenberg


I hope this find you all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment