LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jan 10 - Bonnie

Jan 10

My dear Mable –

Well I finally found time to write a few lines & send some pictures  our anniversary & house. I love this place better each day. However I could do with a little less zero & below weather & all this snow but maybe next year it won’t be so severe. You wouldn’t believe how much better I feel & look since I got those sick teeth out & new ones in. I feel like a new person so now I’ll have to be careful that I don’t start gaining weight. Be sure to tell me about Forest the next time you write. I haven’t had any news about him for such a long time. I’m sure Wilda has kept you up to date on Dels accident & how sick he was for nearly 2 months. My God what I went thru seeing him thru that ordeal. Sent our government in a Hellish mess. I’m so anxious to find out what will become of that no good Nixson. I never did like him ever when h was Vice President. Last night the horse got Tar into a corner & he couldn’t get away from her & she was pawing him like crazy. He was crouched down in the corner & just petrified. I had to run out here screaming like a wild Indian & waving my arm to scare the horse away so I could get to the dog & rescue him. I got my pants caught on the fence as I climbed it & had to climb it again with Tar in my arms  (he weighs about 90#) I turned him lose & he ran like crazy & got in his house & stayed there & then it got dark. I shudder to think what would have happened if we hadn’t of seen it before the sun went down. She probably would of pawed him to death. Now here I sit waiting for it to get light enough for me to see (the next morning) if he is able to come out of the house. I’m still puzzled as to what the dog did to the horse that made her so mad. They are usually buddies. We are going to take Cinder to have her spayed tomorrow so we won’t have any more puppies. Sure do hope it calms her down. She is so wild & full of life. Well the sun came up & Tar is OK. Am sending pictures of us & one of Lyle Wilda & me. I thought they turned out pretty good. Well tomorrow is my birthday (circle around the number 54). My God I’m really over the hill aren’t I? I feel younger than I did 10 years ago & I know its because I’m happy. It’s been so long that I don’t remember what I wrote in my last letter so I’m afraid I’ll repeat myself & someone will think I’m nuts. Anyway George & Blanche Schuartsferger live here & they told me you helped them when one of their children was born. You probably know a lot of people around here. Does Albert live in Osborne? I looked in the phone book & there is a A W Hacherott and what is hi sisters married name?

We watched Nixon on TV last night & really I feel sorry for him. Guess it isn’t easy for him. I want to have Ray take pictures of the kitchen & livingroom too. I can hardly wait until Spring to work in this beautiful yard & flowers & rock garden. We didn’t have time last summer to do anything except work on the inside. Well I suppose you’re keeping busy now that you’re home again. I’m so glad that you have Shirley & her family. I often think if I lose Del I’ll have nothing but a shack full of dogs & a horse. Well I bette to get ready to go out & feed them or else they’ll leave home.


Love Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment