LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mrs. Louie White, Natoma Kan

Post marked: Oct 21, 2 PM, 1961

Oct 20 - 61

Dear Archie and Mable,

Did you get home safe & sound. No word since you were home Decoration time.

U Wm and A.K. were home in Aug. Also no word from them since either I suppose they got there all right or, we likely would of heard. It seemed so good see you and them. And If you wait as long to come again I wont be here as you know my race is almost done. You know it seemed like grandfather seemed old also my mother  I am near 4 yrs older than mother was, and soon be as old as grandF - It dont hardly seem posible But time goes on and dont wait for anyone.

We have had a cool summer I cant remember of even having one as cool But maybe Iv gorgot and now we are having a wonderful fall, No frost to hurt tomato vines The paper spoke like there had been a light frost and it must of been But the trees are loosing their leaves pretty fast Or some of them are.

Ruth and Shirley are at Bobs at Topeka, Don is in Can. and Shirley wants to be near a Base Hosp so she is at B & Phyllis now R plans to come home a week from tomorrow for a day or so Then after S is out of H They will be home again I think dons time is out in the Spring If he dont enlist again  I suppose youve heard of U Joe Seamans death  They brought him here for Burial But I didnt know or hear it until after the burial The funeral Services were in Osborne. I dont have a quilt on the frames now Iv been peicing and I believ I only past of two quilts left just the blocks Maybe I told you I was peicing Prim when you were home in the Spring. I havent heard from the boys families for quilt a bit I wish they could find time to write more often then they do  J. E s little boy isnt very well Tho they thought some filter still has his good days and bad ones seems strange they cant seem to find out the trouble Johny hurt his leg and back and had to miss several days of school and Ferrell stepped in a hole and then him against drill strike his face and put him out for several hours  He was hurt over there near 1 x L church was on close to where Alex farm is I expect you can remember that and he didnt seem to realize any thing until after they brot him home and on to Hosp at Plainsville But OK now Im sending your mother's obituary. Be sure and write sometime. Your Aunt Catherine



{On a separate piece of paper this was written}

They made a mistake of the mo. your mother was born as her birthday was June 21 instead of May. Lizzie Fred and Geo were all born in June Fred - I - 24 L J 21 - Geo J 30


No comments:

Post a Comment