LETTERS FROM THE PAST

This blog is to honor those who have come before us. These are family letters that I have had for years and wanted to be able to share them with family. It's an interesting way of knowing how life was in the past.

Myron F Taylor with 3 of his buddies in 1952. Over the last 20 years I've been working on our family letters. Letters that have been passed down. Including letters from my parents to my great-grandmother. Every letter was saved by my great grandmother and grandmother. I hope someday to either print them or give them to a museum. I am copying the letters–not being able to photocopy all of them. Each letter is in script. I know today very few can read them. I hope you enjoy them.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 3, 1924 - Archie Wineland


May 3, 1924
Natoma Kans

Fri Eve

Dearest Friend Mabel.

Roxie – Say kid you can look for me over Sat Eve But if you realy would rather come over to the Dance kid for god’s sake come and I’ll probably meet you on the way as I’llcome over with the Meyers boys and I will probably meet you on the way. Roxie sure has been peeved at me. She just asked me if you were coming over and I said no n she asked why and I told her that I didn’t know and she said is it because Jim is going to take the car and I said no. Oh I guess she’ll come to her milk if we let them go.

Good Nite

As Ever
Archie E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment